I decided to join in with Tara for the Ten Things About Me so that my readers could get to know me a bit better. So here we go…
1. I am the middle of 5 children. We drive each other crazy but are closer than any other siblings I know.
2. I have been divorced for almost 2 years and my ex husband remains one of my best friends in the world. Most people do not understand this and are irritated by it. Oddly enough I’ve only had one guy bothered by it but my friends and family can’t stand it.
3. I always wanted to be a daddy’s girl as I was growing up. I didn’t realize until after my daddy died two years ago that in his eyes I was just that. Thinking of him always reminds me that you have to tell people how you feel regularly.
4. My one year of grad school (I did an advanced one year program) was the worst year of my life (divorce, father’s death and grad school all at the same time while living 1,000 miles away from my family and friends) so I decided to treat myself to a trip to Rome for my graduation. I went by myself and had the best time!
5. I spent 2 years as an Army Wife and loved it! I made some of the best friends of my life. We went through so much together; weddings, babies, deployments, injured husbands, and divorces. Going through all of that in such a small period of time really bonds you!
6. I watch The Golden Girls every morning as I get ready for work and always think of my grandma when I do.
7. I have a slight addiction to Old Navy! If I’m having a bad day and am near Old Navy I will stop and see what deals I can find! Yesterday I got two super cute tops for a total of $7.20!
8. I am a social worker and originally planned to work with abused and neglected children but spent the first 6 years of my career working with survivors of domestic violence. I love working with domestic violence and sexual assault survivors and while I am now working with children I am pretty sure that I will be working with domestic violence and sexual assault again.
9. I am a huge football fan. Don’t mess with me on a Saturday or Sunday because my mind is only on my teams! I love that my birthday is surrounded by the opening weekends of college football and NFL!
10. For the first several years of my life my birthday fell during Labor Day Weekend and I seriously thought that people were given the day off to celebrate my birthday! 🙂